I may be bias, but my man can make a cocktail. I sometimes feel bad for him because he’s become known for his skills so he’s often in the kitchen making drinks when we have get-togethers. He promises he enjoys it. He makes us a lemon drop martini at least once a week. The lemon is so refreshing and as always, the secret is fresh squeezed lemon juice. You’ve got to taste a little of the drink before you pour it to see how sour it is. Lemons vary and the amount of simple sugar you add might go up if the lemons are extra sour.
My first lemon drop was at a local restaurant where Damian and I used to meet before we were married. It was actually the spot of our first date. I know…sappy stuff. Once he started making lemon drops for me at my house when he’d come over, I caved to marriage.
Lemon Drop Martini
- 2-ounces vodka
- 3/4-ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- 1-ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4-ounce simple syrup (a little more to taste if it’s too sour)
- small plate with enough lemon juice to wet rim of glass
- small plate with sugar
- Dip the rim of your martini glass in the lemon juice on the plate and then in the sugar on the other plate and set aside.
- Pour all other ingredients in the shaker, add ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour and serve.